Saturday, April 13, 2024

SC state shoot CAS day 2

 Back to sunny weather!  It started out a bit cool this morning but by 9 I had my jacket off for the day.

5 more stages, since we shot the afternoon wave yesterday we had the morning wave today.  At the beginning it was cool with a bit of humidity and little wind, all of which is great for causing black powder to give huge smoke clouds that linger in front of you.  You can’t see targets after you shoot!  Many shooters hate it but I really enjoy the challenge.  Today was just right, I could see just enough to shoot my normal speed and still hit nearly invisible targets.  

So, I won the Frontiersman Category, got a “Best Dressed” award, and took 3rd in Wild Bunch Modern Sr. (11th overall WB)

Back at camp I cleaned all the guns so they are ready to pack tomorrow.  We are staying tomorrow night so we have all day to repack everything.  2 campers left today.  ET, Dawn & Roy are leaving at first light (if Roy really waits that long!) so we will be alone here tomorrow night.  That will seem different.














Puff balls


1 comment: