Thursday, February 29, 2024

Phoenix 8, Side Event Day

 Side Event day and Opening Ceremony

I shot 4 stages of Warm Up this morning.  As the name implies, it is just to get warmed up.  They have first place awards but that’s way it of my reach so it’s all about getting the timing down and practice.  I was pleased with how I ran it.  Carlene came over and took some photos too.
There was this family with us, 10 year old twins and their mother, from NE.  The boy and girl were quite impressive!
This afternoon was the Plainsman event, which I volunteered to coordinate.  We had two posses of about 17 each, it took 3.5 hours to run 4 stages.  That’s not bad.  We’ve had it take over 4 hours in some years.  It’s really my favorite thing in the whole match.  Cap N ball revolvers and single shot rifle at longer ranges than normal, much longer.  40 yards instead of 10.
When I got out of Plainsman I found Carlene and Skye in the vendor area where Skye was doing a bang up meet & greet with every cowboy & cowgirl who came her way.  She got a lot of attention!
The evening was the Opening Ceremony for the main match of the World Championship which featured a Presentation of the Colors with national anthems for each of the 11 other countries represented here.   
Followed by an appreciation dinner for everyone with Karaoke afterwards.  Turns out there are a lot of good singers in this group! 



The ten year olds







That’s me



12 nations present this year

Singing Sue

Micah McGuire & wife
Ruby Ruthless is singing

 


This is Thin Mint, mother of the ten year old twins



1 comment: