Sunday, February 25, 2024

Phoenix day4, Fire & Ice

 Fire & Ice day 1

It was a beautiful sunrise with balloons overhead in the early morning light.  By the time I went over to Cowtown they were landing and I caught a photo just as one came down.  
The Fire & Ice shoot is used by about 100 of us as a warm up for EOT.  Good thing too I haven’t shot since October.  It showed.  I had a few cobwebs to get out of my head!  I had a lousy first stage followed by 4 normal stages and a mediocre 6th stage.  I was still happy overall and I had a fine time.  
I’m not on a posse with my usual friends, I didn’t make any requests to posse with anyone.  At this match I like to leave that up to random draw and meet new people.  I only know 2 people on the posse and they are guys I have met out here over the years.  
Once back at camp I went to see my friend Scarlet Darling.  She had appendix surgery two weeks ago and can’t lift anything over 10 lbs.  She is in the bullet business.  Great to be a vendor of lead when you can’t lift!   I had said on FB that I’d help her unload the van, but it was all done when I got there.  But she has a pallet of more heavy stuff coming Monday.  
Also saw Tazz & Rose, friends from NH who do the award for our VT State Shoot.   Going to see more of them too. 
Carlene went out for a while with Skye and did some roaming around. 
Then  cleaned some guns!
Tonight a few of us New Englanders are going to Chili’s for supper.   
























No comments:

Post a Comment