Thursday, February 29, 2024

Phoenix 8, EOT main match 1

 First day of EOT CAS

Today was the first day of the End of Trail World Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting.  The previous 3 days were all separate parts of EOT.  My pose is made up of 3 couples from MA, 2 of whom I’ve know for 30 years, some of the first people I met when I started shooting this game in Marshfield.  And our Posse Marshall, Rancho Roy, also from MA.  You’ve heard of him in posts from NM.  Plus a dozen others from all over.
We shot 4 of the 12 stages at 11 AM.  Tomorrow we have 4 more at 8 AM and the final 4 on Saturday at 2 PM.  Everyone rotates through the 3 start times.  
This evening I attended the Territorial Governors meeting.  A TG is the rep from the club at home, the TGs manage all rule changes that come along.  We used to have a convention where many of us would gather to discuss proposals and vote on changes.  I went to 2 of those in Las Vegas, but it became too expensive for SASS to put on so now we meet at major matches to discuss items but votes are done online.  If proposals make it past these meetings.  Several suggestions came up but didn’t receive enough support to go on to a vote. There is also a Zoom meeting so TGs who aren’t here can still participate.
Once back at camp there was a swap meet in the main tent.  I didn’t find anything big to buy, just a souvenir bag from Winter Range to replace one I had lost.  I was always disgusted that I lost mine so I was delighted to fins a replacement at 2/$5!

Meanwhile Carlene went back to Lake Pleasant and Skye got to swim!  And it looks like they found a pretty good trail too.






This is Aces Wild, our Ladies B Western shooter

Shot Z Lady, from OR



Aces Wild getting some coaching from her husband Four Aces

Fort Sinclair






Avocatessa, from Boston & Savannah GA



Carlene’s Day:











1 comment:

  1. Caught up to your exploits once again! Always looks like a ton of fun.
    Dakota

    ReplyDelete